Monday, May 2, 2011

New Mexico Green Chiles


I had made a purchase of New Mexico Green Chiles the day before Easter, now what was I going to make with them? 

After a quick search of the internet I came up with the following recipes: Shrimp with Green Chile Cocktail Sauce by Rachael Ray   and Green Chile and Lime Guacamole (below)


Green Chiles, Cilantro and Garlic


Tomatillos




Jalapenos, remove seeds.  Careful not to inhale too much, you will be coughing...




Lime zest and juice. 
Roast Tomatillos on barbeque or in oven.  Peel skins after cooled.



Beautiful.


Blend ingredients together.



Um, this was amazing...   And so fresh tasting!!



Now time for the guacamole.  Peel avocadoes.


(Don't mind my avo covered hands)  Ah hah - I now have proof that I had my watch on Sunday afternoon at home.   I haven't been able to find it since Sunday and I am close to devestated.  This watch is about 10 years old I do not, I mean I do not leave home without it.   I am hopeful that it is in this house somewhere... searching again....
Back to the food-    Ripe Avos in a bowl, is there really anything better?

I used a knife to cut it into small pieces and then I got serious and brought out the blender stick...
I love my smart stick blender, perhaps it is time that I take the sticker off of it?  Ah maybe not.  



Green Chile and Lime Gaucamole

Serve with jicama sticks, radish slices, peeled cooked shrimp, and corn tortilla chips.

Ingredients

  • 3 green chilies (about 12 ounces)
  • 1 large jalapeño chili
  • 8 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1 large plum tomato, seeded, chopped
  • 2 small green onions, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
  • 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, pitted
  • 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup (packed) coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
·         Char chilies directly over gas flame or under broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag at least 10 minutes and up to 1 hour. Peel, seed, and finely chop chilies. Mix chilies, 1 tablespoon lime juice, tomato, green onions, and lime peel in small bowl. Season with salt.
·         Puree next 4 ingredients and 7 tablespoons lime juice in processor until almost smooth. Season with salt. (Chili mixture and guacamole can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate.)

No comments:

Post a Comment