Saturday, May 19, 2012

Edamae Tofu Dip

I pulled this recipe from "Skinny Dips" cookbook, which was a gift from my mom.  The first recipe I looked at, was the first recipe I made, and it was a hit.

1 cup frozen (shelled) edamame


1 cup tofu, I happenned to have this half package of extra firm open in my fridge. 


Here are the rest of the ingredients needed.   This was a last minute whip up, I love it when I make something with stuff I already have on hand.  

In the recipe description she says, "I almost always have a bag of frozen shelled edamame in my freezer."  This is true in my freezer, as well.



Boil the water, add the edamame, bring to boil again for 3 minutes.



Rinse immediately so they don't overcook.


 


Add ingredients to your food processor.   Edamame, drained tofu,


sesame oil, lemon, salt, pepper, garlic


A little close up..





Start to chop away..



Add parsley in at the end, I had the frozen cubes from Trader Joe's, I put 3 in and pulsed a couple more times.

 




I packaged one up for work and one for home.  I like to share with a couple coworkers and get their opinions, I have a few foodie buddies at work whom I share recipes and tips with.
 



Edamame Tofu Dip

Ingredients: 1 cup Silken Tofu
2 cups frozen shelled edamame
2 tsp kosher or sea salt
3 tbs fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp Asian sesame oil
1 tsp finely minced garlice
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup minced cilantro/fresh coriander leaves, plus sprigs for garnish.

Skinny Dippers: Baked Pita Chips, Crudites, Crostini 


Drain the tofu and blot completely dry with paper towels.  Set the tofu on several thickness of paper while you cook the edamame.

Fill a medium saucean two-thirds full of water and bring to a boil over high heat.  Add the edamame and 1/2 tsp of the salt and boil for 3 minutes.  Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water.  Drain again and blot to remove excess moisture.

In the workbowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, process the tofu, edamame, the remaining 11/2 tsp salt, the lemon juice, sesame oil, garlic, sugar, and pepper until very smooth.  Scatter the minced cilantro/fresh coriander leavers over the top and pulse to incorparote.  Taste and adjust he seasinonig.  Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.  Garnish with cilantro/fresh coriander.

Recipe from "Skinny Dips" by Diane Morgan  



Have a great rest of your weekend and eat well and play well~
Happy Food Revolution Day!













No comments:

Post a Comment