Saturday, February 25, 2012

Yogurt

Now some would ask, Why would you go through this hassle when you can just buy the preflavored individual ones?
  And I get that, in fact I do often do just that, I am just choosey about which ones I grab.

When you take the time to flavor your own plain yogurt, you are controlling what additives, sugar, HFCS, and unrecognizable additives that you are putting in it.

I pretty much have yogurt every day, if it is available in a fridge around me.  So if you are going to put something in your body every single day, don't you want to be able to recognize the words in the ingredients?   There are some very, very popular brands of yogurt that claim to help you lose weight, and help you fit into your skinny pants but what they don't tell you is that it has HFCS in it, which has been directly related to obesity and creating increased sugar cravings. 

This particular instance, I had just gotten back from a Costco trip, as you can see the Kirkland brand berries.  You can usually find the 0% Fage yogurt there and it is priced decently there.  Fage is a Greek yogurt, which seems to be all the rage right now, one reason is that it has been touted as having one of the highest protein %.  Protein is usually a good thing if you are trying to watch your carbs or calorie intake.  If I haven't been to Costco recently, which is more often that no, I usually buy a different brand because the Fage is pricey.  







 

The hubs likes mango so we had to throw a little frozen mango in some.





This is such a scrumptios breakfast to me.  My homemade yogurt, a little treat of a half of a fresh crossaint, a glass of natural OJ, and some hot tea. 

A great way to start off the day and play well. ~
This Kirkland brand of berries is a bargain for the amount of precious berries that you get.  This is another item that if you don't buy at the right place, then you can be paying a very high price.

No comments:

Post a Comment