Monday, April 4, 2011

Vegetable Fajita Salad

After a Monday of a lot of changes in the works and a busy weekend that did not end in food prep, I was tempted to cave in and grab take out.  (All good changes, just have to get through the growing pains...changing job positions, on a new car hunt, and more....) 

I missed by favorite pilates mat class by about 15 minutes, so I decided to lace up and go for a dog wog. (Walk/Jog with my dog)   I was only out there about 25 minutes, so I will probably do some squats/lunges and should probably add in some shoulder/back rehab exercises/stretches a little later.  If I type it, I presume it will motive me ;)     Summer time is.... just around the corner.

I opened the freezer hoping to find my favorite chicken patties, but instead found my favorite veggie patties.  I opened the refrigerator and found my favorite red vegetable, red pepper.   I then decided on "veggie fajita salad"  



I sliced a small onion, placed it in a pan with hot olive oil and started to "stir fry"

After the onion started to sweat, I added the peppers that I just sliced up.  Stir Fry 


I then found a bag of sliced mushrooms and threw a few in, for good measure.

 Once the sliced veggies were brown and limp, I added the veggie patty.  It just needed to be heated, browned, and then chopped.





Once it was heated all the way through, I was able to slice it with the spatula.  I chose long slices, to match the shape of everything else.

 Smells so good ~
  And look there's enough for the hubby when he gets home from school and hopefully even my lunch tomorrow.  Rinsed some lettuce in preperation.

Place a large helping on top of your bed of lettuce.  I suggest adding some fresh salsa and maybe some pepper.   (I just ate this, it really was soo good.)

Thanks for stopping by, remember to like me on facebook and follow me on twitter.   You can also create an account through google and follow me directly on the blog, as well as make comments.  Thank you Kaitlyn for being my first direct follower~




P.S.  Loving the CMA's right now on the tube while cooking, blogging, doing laundry, researching cars and more~   It is recorded from last night, but it is so good tonight.   

No comments:

Post a Comment