Thursday, May 3, 2012

Roasted Red Peppers

I enjoy taking something simple and transforming it into something tasty and a little bit elegant.


Here we have 2 red peppers that had done their time in the refrigerator and were ready for an outing.

I popped them in the oven at a high temp for about 30 minutes until soft and charred.  



Pop them into plastic baggies for about 15 minutes.  I was working on a couple other food projects so I had plenty to do to keep me busy, but I understand sometimes it might be hard to let the time pass without getting your fingers on them.    This process makes for an easier peel.


Once you have waited, go ahead and peel them and discard the skins. 
Here I started to chop up the red pepper into smaller chunks.
Ok, I have to confess.  I am looking at this picture thinking... now what exactly did I put in here?  

I am pretty sure that it is all just the roasted red peppers, some chunky and some sliced smaller.

 
Olive Oil  (Ok, I may have over olive oiled, whoops)

Added Minced Garlic, Salt and Pepper and it is ready! 
Something so simple, turns into a tasty treat.


I toasted up my favorite toasting bread.
Trader Joe's bread loaf, I think it it Parmesan crusted on the top, and it is in the fresh bread section.

And you can see our couch in the back of this picture, because I served this as an appetizer on a lazy Sunday afternoon while we were relaxing and watching a movie.

Have a great Friday

We are headed out tomorrow morning, at the crack of dawn, to catch a plain to Oklahoma City.  We will be visiting Stillwater, OK and attending my lil brother's college graduation.

Have a great weekend and Eat Well and Play Well~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment