Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Zuchini Tots

I couldn't sleep early one Sunday morning, (which is a rare occassion but it did happen) so I found myself on the internet for recipes. 

I was still laying in bed with the hubby and the puppy next to me, whom were both sleeping .  (Again, rare occurance, but funnier things have happenned.)  

This recipe was calling my name, and I happenned to have the zuchinni to prove it.  

 

It was so handy to have this ipad, which we are borrowing from a family member, hoping we get to keep it for a while.  I propped this thing up and got to work before the sleepy heads were stirring.

Looking back, I probably could have opped for the food processor for this process but we only have a mini so sometimes that doesn't always work out the best.

 


 

Just like you do with frozen spinach, squeeze out all of the water.  I was surprised at how much water these puppies were holding.
Now your zuchinni has had it's towel time and is ready for some cooking.
 
It gave me the option of two different cheeses so I had to try both, seperately.



Bread crumbs.  Now, oddly enough I had been drying up some what looks to be sourdough bread already, so I had the makings for breadcrumbs.  This mortar and pestal put my early morning arms to work...   Again, thinking food processor but who's counting.

 
Worked hard and got my breadcrumbs
I am glaring down down and hoping that they are crushed enough.

 

Egg, Cheese, Onion, Breadcrumbs

And then the zuchinni.


MIx it all up.
Place in mini muffin tins



Until golden brown.
Quite the close up shot, wow.



A very cute lil breakfast




A tasty way to eat zucchini. They smell like tater tots when they are in the oven.

Ingredients
1 cup Zucchini, Grated
1  Egg
¼ whole Yellow Onion, Diced Or Grated
¼ cups Cheese (cheddar Or Parmesan Work Best)
¼ cups Italian Style Bread Crumbs
Salt And Pepper

Preparation Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray a mini-muffin tin with nonstick spray, set aside.

2. Grate the zucchini and then place it in a dish towel and squeeze out the excess water, like you would do with frozen spinach.

3. In a bowl combine, the egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, salt and pepper.

4. Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups to the top. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is browned and set. Note: you can saute the onions before adding it to the mix if you want a milder flavor.

I am thinking about making these and selling them to coworkers, what do you think?

Recipe From Tastey Kitchen (Original recipe for Zucchini Bites from The Naptime Chef.)

Have a great Day~

No comments:

Post a Comment